Woody smoked at least once per load (in the cab), and we might run as many as four loads in a day. He threw out his cigaret as we got to the front gate of the delivery location in Cuero. As I am new to Hazmat driving, I do not know how serious this matter might be, but I think it should be noted.
Sunday, October 11, 2015
Smoking in the Truck
The first thing I was asked by Woody, my Badlands Tank Lines trainer, the man supervising the whole Texas operation while both the lead driver (Calvin) and the Texas Regional Manager (Mr. Bonde) were taking time off in Arizona, was, "Do you mind if I smoke?" While I have never been a smoker, I don't like to be a stick in the mud, and I was unschooled in any real dangers that might be connected to smoking in a truck cab with 199 barrels of oil well condensate on the way to the pipeline, so I said, "Just keep the window down" (to let the smoke from his cigaret out).