Sunday, October 11, 2015

Being Recruited by Badlands Tank Lines of Omaha, Nebraska

In August of 2015, just two months ago, I began receiving calls and emails from a Niki, recruiting me to go to work for Badlands Tank Line in Omaha, Nebraska.  Niki was very kind and polite.

Along the way, I read an advertisement on Indeed.com, as I remember, looking for drivers.  It proposed a $300 a day pay to be expected for drivers going to work for the company.  I called Niki to verify that this was $300 a day based on a seven day week, not a six day week.  She assured me that a week is seven days, so I could expect $2100 a week for my work hauling crude for Badlands Tank Lines of Omaha, Nebraska.

Satisfied, I travelled to Omaha for Orientation that began September 14, 2015.

Note:  I would later find that pay was about $82 a load in Cuero, Texas, and we were getting three to four loads some days, and asked not to work other days.  The average at the end of my ordeal was to have seven drivers available for six or seven loads in a day.  Clearly, the company had been overoptimistic in their projections of new work coming on line.